Blackened Chicken Lettuce Wrapped Tacos With Pineapple Salsa
- 1 1/2 lbsof thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 Headof romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder ground
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper ground add more for spicier marinade
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup pineapple diced 1/4 inch
- 1 cup tomato diced 1/4 inch
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tsp jalapeño minced
- 2 tsp juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Put chicken in a large Ziplock bag.
Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl, and then pour over chicken in plastic bag. Coat the chicken evenly with the marinade. Press out as much air out of the bag as possible and seal. Marinate overnight in the fridge. Meanwhile make the salsa.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes without moving. Turn the chicken and cook through on the other side, 4-6 minutes.
When cooked, remove chicken from the pan and let sit for a few minutes before slicing into fajita-style strips.
Place chicken on a flat romaine or iceberg lettuce leaf on a Taco Tender, top with salsa and fold into a "taco".